RECIPE: Nothing beats the long pancake when it needs to be cooked in larger quantities until May 17th.
– The classic is the chocolate cake with icing and coconut, which we all know well. But for a varied and mouth-watering cake table, it’s just as well with a few alternatives, explains Torunn Nordbø, general manager of the Information Office for Bread and Cereals in a statement.
She picked recipes for 10 great long pancakes that are guaranteed to have legs to walk on at a party on May 17.
Recipe: Long crepe with lemon and blueberries
1. Long crepe with lemon and blueberries
A fresh and juicy cake that one lights up among all the chocolate cakes on the cake table.
Recipe: Raisin and Spice Cake
2. Raisin and spice cake
This cake is juicy and long-lasting, and with cinnamon, allspice, and kefir among the ingredients.
Recipe: Apple and pistachio cake
3. Apple and pistachio cake
Quick to prepare and fresh to taste with cinnamon, walnuts and apple pieces among the ingredients.
Recipe: carrot cake
4. Carrot cake
Everyone loves carrot cake! This has a delicious cream cheese frosting that goes well with the sweet cake.
Recipe: Mother Monsen
5. Mother Monsen
Many people bake Mor Monsen for Christmas, but it is a cake that is just as suitable for the national holiday.
Recipe: Apple Spice Cake
6. Apple spice cake
An easy-to-use long pancake with kefir that makes it extra juicy and long-lasting.
Recipe: Banana and pecan nut cake
7. Banana Pecan Cake
Sweet bananas and crispy nuts in a wonderful combination of long pans.
Recipe: Fruit cake with figs, apricots and cranberries
8. Fruit cake with figs, apricots and cranberries
This is perhaps the most for adults: A fruit cake with rum, raisins and dried fruits and almonds.
Recipe. Orange cake with marzipan
9. Orange cake with marzipan
Orange juice and grated orange zest give this cake a wonderful tart taste. Marzipan gives the feeling of luxury.
Recipe: Brownies with caramels and marshmallows
10. Toffee and Marshmallow Brownies
A disguised chocolate cake! A delicious long crepe with caramels, mini marshmallows and chocolate pieces that combine cake and candy in a tempting party cake.
Cooking tips for long pancakes
Long pancakes are often easy to make and easy to pull off.
– If you choose one of the less complicated recipes, even baking beginners will find it easy to make, says Torunn Nordbø.
She has the following general tips that may be helpful when you start cooking:
- Room temperature eggs give an extra dose of airy eggs.
- Cover the long mold with parchment paper if you want to be absolutely sure to unmold it easily.
- Always use a strainer when you’re dry – not only to avoid lumps, but also to make the batter airy, light and nice for your long pancake.
- Put the long crepe in the oven as soon as you have finished making the dough. If left on the bench too long, the air can leave the egg dose.
- No coincidence! Baking cakes requires more precision than ordinary baking – so you’ll benefit from being precise and patient throughout the process.
- Always check if the cake is finished with a cake stick. If it sticks, the long pancake should be left in the oven a little longer.