Hot pizzas with tomato and mozzarella or spinach and feta.
If you want to make gluten-free pizza loaves, halve the recipe and use gluten-free flour, such as pizza flour or focacia mix.
The tomato sauce or spinach filling can be replaced with pesto.
- 50g yeast
- 6 dl of “lukewarm” water, possibly mixed with kesam
- ½ dl oil, preferably olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of honey (can be sautéed)
- on. 1 ½ l coarse pastry flour or approx. ¾ l wheat flour and approx. Whole wheat
Garnish 1: tomato and ham sauce
Make your own or you can use it from glass.
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ dl tomato purée
- 3-4 finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 can crushed/chopped canned tomatoes
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano / pizza seasoning / basil or fresh herbs
- salt pepper
- 2-3 dl grated cottage cheese or e.g. shredded mozzarella or cottage cheese
- salt and pepper
- pine nuts and/or grated cooked ham
Garnish 2: spinach and feta cheese
- About 150 g of spinach
- 2 tablespoons kesam or cottage cheese
- 1-2 garlic cloves (can be omitted)
- salt pepper
- 75-100g feta cheese
- pine nuts (may be omitted)
Stir yeast into warm water (dry yeast is mixed with flour), add salt, sugar and oil and knead the flour into a smooth dough. Cover the baking dish and let the dough rise for approx. 30 minutes.
While the dough is rising, prepare the filling you want to use.
Sauté the finely chopped onion in oil in a hot skillet until the onion is shiny. Add the tomato purée and cook for a few minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer the sauce for 20-30 minutes uncovered. Season with more spices, salt and pepper.
Spinach and feta cheese:
Blend spinach (raw), kesam/cottage cheese, garlic and feta cheese in a speed blender to a coarse mass. Finally, put the pine nuts – they should not be passed through a quick blender.
Take the dough out onto a floured table and divide it in half.
“Fold” or unroll each part into a rectangle of approx. 30x40cm.
Spread over desired filling.
- Tomato sauce is spread over the dough. Sprinkle with grated cheese/mozzarella chunks and ham/pine nuts. Roll up tightly and cut into slices (like cinnamon rolls). “Squeeze” a little down so that the filling does not run out. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Spinach and Feta Cheese Filling: Spread over filling, roll up and divide into slices as described under tomato sauce.
Cover and let rise 40-45 minutes.
Bake in a hot oven at 225°C on the middle rack for 10-15 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.