It can be difficult to find the time to prepare a good breakfast in the morning. Many people often end up with something that isn’t very filling, or simply skip breakfast. This is not a good starting point for a long day at work or school, as energy levels will drop quickly.
But the new fridge porridge trend has saved many B-people. By soaking rolled oats in the fridge overnight, a healthy, fiber-rich breakfast will be waiting for you when the alarm clock goes off. Breakfast can then be enjoyed without having to spend time cooking in the morning, while filling and nourishing for many hours.
What do you need:
For the porridge:
- 1.5 dl rolled oats (choose between lightly cooked, gluten-free, thinly rolled or coarsely rolled)
- 2 dl of milk (of the desired type)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt (or desired flavor)
- 1 handful of frozen raspberries and/or other sliced berries/fruits
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 handful of chopped walnuts of the desired type
Also read: How to make steamed milk at home!
This is what you do:
- Combine rolled oats, chia seeds and milk in a lunch box or glass with a lid. It’s perfect if you want to take breakfast with you on the road. Stir in vanilla sugar and cardamom for more flavor.
- Put the lid on and place it in the fridge for 6-8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Take out the porridge in the morning and stir in the yoghurt. Garnish with desired berries or fruit, as well as nuts, and sprinkle with cinnamon at the end. Enjoy!